The Design Quality Indicator (DQI) is a process that enables every aspect of design quality to be assessed at each stage of the construction process, from inception to post occupancy analysis.
DQI empowers stakeholders to be actively involved, through structured workshops and online tools, with construction and design professionals, to set targets against which to review design quality. The workshops are professionally mediated by an accredited DQI Facilitator.
DQI focuses the design and construction team on the needs of the end user as it;
- creates a sense of ownership by engaging users throughout the process;
- enables feedback and learning for future projects;
- generates a simple graphic profile that indicates the strengths and weaknesses of a design or existing building;
- provides an agenda for briefing and design reviews;
- provides benchmarking information in the form of Facilitator’s Reports;
- and it helps to develop a more sustainable building.
DQI has been used on hundreds of projects since it was launched in 2002. It can also contribute to your buildings BREEAM rating. For more information visit www.dqi.org.uk