Date: 30 October 2013
Time: 08.30 – 11.00am
Location: The Building Centre, London, WC1E 7BT
An event focusing on diversity and cities as part of CIC’s 25th Anniversary celebrations.
Advance II, Diverse Cities is an event developed to share ideas with a range of built environment practitioners and professional interested in diversity, our cities and society.
Urbanisation is developing at an unprecedented rate; an estimated 3.5 billion people now live in cities with a predicted 2 billion increase over the next 20 years. The World Bank is describing this growth as “the defining phenomenon of the 21st century”.
It presents a significant challenge for established and emerging cities. How do we develop and create people-centred cities which respond to the needs of diverse and changing populations? Our panel will present a range of approaches and responses. Join our discussion and debate on the future of UK and international cities. All are welcome to attend.
Speakers on the day include:
- Keynote speaker – Sarah Wigglesworth MBE RDI, Professor of Architecture at Sheffield
- Sarah Hewitt, Lily Bernheimer Space Works Consulting – Psychology, environmental impact and cities
- Samir Pandya, Senior Lecturer. Course Leader, University of Westminster – Culture, migration and globalisation
- Clare Devine, Director of Architecture at CABE/ Design Council Age, accessibility and cities
- Paul Fletcher, Through, Diverse Digital Cities
To register for this event click here
Spaces are limited so please register early