CIC is a leading Adjudicator Nominating Body (ANB). We accept applications from adjudicators who are registered with the following ANBs:
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA)
You must undertake a minimum of 24 hours of CPD per annum as set out below. You will also need to confirm annually that you have done so by returning the Schedule of CPD requirements.
Practical adjudication experience (minimum of 8 hours)
- acting as adjudicator, or pupil to an adjudicator, in a construction dispute (up to a maximum of 8 hours per adjudication)
- advising and/or representing a party in an adjudication in a construction dispute (up to a maximum of 4 hours per adjudication).
Other appropriate CPD
(minimum of 16 hours which includes a minimum of 6 hours from categories 1 or 2)
- attending lectures or courses on adjudication or relevant aspects of construction law
- attending adjudication workshops or surgeries
- reading articles, papers, books, law reports etc. on adjudication or relevant aspects of construction law
- lecturing on adjudication (including preparation)
- writing articles, papers, books etc. on adjudication
- serving on committees concerned with adjudication
Application to the CIC Register of Adjudicators
You will need to send the following information to CIC:
- a completed Application Form in MS Word
- evidence that you are currently registered with one of the ANBs listed above
- a full vocational CV and
- completed Schedule of CPD requirements.
The fee for initial registration on the CIC Register is £91.20 (inclusive of VAT), cheques should be made payable to CIC, and enclosed with your application. The annual renewal of your subscription is £64.80 (inclusive of VAT).