Independent, educational charity, IIRSM, is delighted to announce its 2020 awards winners and their essential contributions to risk excellence and employee and organisational wellbeing.
Entries were submitted from across the globe by individuals and organisations of all sizes from sectors including central government, construction, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, media & entertainment, regulatory, technology, travel and more.
The winners and highly commended for the ten categories are as follows:
- The Barry Holt Award for Outstanding Risk Practice - Winner - Affinity Living Team Building 5 & 6, Circle Square Manchester for MPB Structures
- International Risk Initiative of the Year - Winner - Multiplex Middle East. Highly Commended - Jonathan Smith, Online Safety Solutions
- The John Bennett Award for Exceptional Young Person of the Year - Winner - Shreejith Krishnan of Emirates Flight Catering
- Health & Wellbeing Strategy of the Year - Winner - Cabinet Office Health & Safety and Wellbeing Teams. Highly Commended - Finlays Always Safe Team and Loughborough University
- SME Risk Initiative of the Year - Winner – healthcare rm
- Mentor of the Year - Winner - John Berrisford, Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Technology Risk Management Initiative of the Year - Winner - Howdens Trade Health & Safety Team. Highly Commended – healthcare rm
- Change Programme of the Year - Winner - Metinvest Holding
- Risk Team of the Year - Winner – ITV Risk Team
- President’s Commendation - Gerard Forlin QC
The Risk Excellence Awards took place online on Thursday 8th October with hundreds watching from their homes and offices around the world. The ceremony was hosted by Marc Hogan, an international speaker specialising in influencing and communication skills. After a £1 bet, Marc performed a 21-night, one-man comedy show at the world's largest comedy event - the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Marc shared his story and his hosting of the event was thoroughly entertaining.
IIRSM would like to thank its headline sponsor Cardinus Risk Management, and its supporting and awards sponsors Avetta, Barnett Waddingham, healthcare rm, HSE Recruitment Network, Multiplex and PG Mutual.
The 2021 awards are open for entries and the awards ceremony and dinner will take place in London on Thursday 20 May 2020. Please visit www.iirsm.org for more details.