The Worshipful Company of Constructors, Chartered Institute of Building and the University
College of Estate Management are inviting applications for the Sustainability Scholarship for 2020.
The sustainability agenda continues to evolve and develop and affects every business. Whether you are interested in the advent of carbon accounting on projects or the importance of water conservation in the future, the Sustainability Scholarship encourages a company to
carry out research using one of its employees.
Previous scholarships have included:
- Valuing natural capital in the construction industry
- Review of industry fit-out toolkits and the part they play in adapting to climate change
- Investigating the role of sustainability in contractor selection and evaluation
- Sustainability Evaluation of the Use of Solvent-based vs Water-based Trim Paint,
- Delivering sustainability throughout the project lifecycle
- Workplace Mental Health in the Construction Industry
- Exploring the potential of Blockchain technology for the UK Construction industry
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of
the applicants CV, a brief report (approx. 500 words) expressing why they wish to become a scholar and their proposed research topic. If successful at this stage, the candidates will be
invited for an interview and give a 10-15 minute PowerPoint presentation to a small panel of representatives from CIOB, the Worshipful Company of Constructors and the University
College of Estate Management, followed by questions and answers.
Closing date: 29 November 2019
Successful applicants will receive £3000, support and mentoring from experts. They will
also be invited to attend the Worshipful Company of Constructors Awards Dinner being held on 12 February 2020. At the end of the 12-month scholarship period the scholar will
present their findings and produce a report or other suitable outputs to detail the work completed.