FIS are going to launch their flagship #iBuiltThis2018 campaign which is designed to get the construction industry, its supply chain and the British public to showcase their building skills and submit images of anything they have built or helped to build in the built environment.
The competition is image led and run on social media for a period of three weeks. Submissions entries will open on 03 September and will be closing on 23 September with the winners announced at the awards ceremony at UK Construction Week exhibition on 09 October 2018 by Channel 4 TV presenter George Clarke.
The competition is open to people of all ages to enter, the submission categories are divided into three age groups – 13 and under; 14 to 18; and 19 and over.
The winners of last year’s competition were:
- 13 and under: Kendrick Long – New three little pigs, a mix of gardening materials, chopsticks and Lego bricks. He won a family package to Legoland.
- 14-18: Emily Ash, representing Brooklands College, Surrey – wall and cavity synoptic testing. She won an iPhone 8.
- 19 and over: Carwyn Jones – Dragon’s Eye cabin. He won an overnight stay at the iconic London St.Pancras hotel, plus a trip on the London Eye.
- Judges award for excellence: Frankie Bicker – Lime and fibrous plastering restoration at the Royal Academy of Arts. He won a GoPro camera.
The #iBuiltThis2018 competition will be judged by a great line-up of very high-profile industry leaders and we have some fabulous prizes to give away to the winning entries this year:
- 13 and under age category – win a family package to Legoland
- 14-18 age category – win an iphone X
- 19 and over age category – win a getaway for two adults in one of Canopy & Stars exclusive properties in the UK, in the location of your choice.
The campaign submissions will be made in three easy steps.
1. Entrants are requested to take a picture (selfie) of themselves with the image of their completed project they built or helped to build and enter on the competition platform.
2. Select the contest relevant to your age category, tick the mandatory consent boxes and complete the short form with your details, project name, age relevant question about your project and enter.
So get your entries ready now for submission on 03 September 2018.
For more information about the competition, visit our website at www.thefis.org/skills-hub/i-built-this-2018/