The UK’s very highest performing construction sites have been awarded the coveted title of ‘Most Considerate Site’ at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s 2017 National Site Awards.
The Scheme’s National Site Awards are one of the most revered accolades within the UK construction industry. They recognise Scheme-registered sites that have demonstrated the very highest level of consideration in respect of the community, environment and workforce.
This year, sites were eligible to win the top accolade of ‘Most Considerate Site’ within the following six ‘project value bands’: Under £500k; £500k to <£1m; £1m to <£5m; £5m to <£10m; £10m to <£50m; and £50m and over.
The winning sites are:
- King Edward Skate Plaza - Robert Woodhead Ltd (Value Band 1: Under £500k)
- M&S Dulwich SF - Wates Smartspace (Value Band 2: £500k to <£1m)
- Noah's Ark Children's Hospital for Wales Phase 2 - Post Occupation Works - Interserve Construction Ltd (Value Band 3: £1m to <£5m)
- Discovery Academy - Carillion Construction Ltd (Value Band 4: £5m to <£10m)
- Foyle College and Ebrington Primary School & Nursery - Heron Bros Ltd (Value Band 5: £10m to <£50m)
- Ulster Hospital Phase B2 - General Ward Block - Graham Bam Healthcare Partnership (Value Band 6: £50m and over)
The awards ceremonies, which attract over 3000 guests from construction sites of all different sizes across the UK, were held from 20 March - 7 April in Edinburgh, London and Manchester.
The 2017 National Site Awards applied to registered sites that completed in 2016.
The Scheme presented 848 National Site Awards out of a total of around 8000 eligible to win an Award. In addition to the six Most Considerate Site Awards, there were 337 Bronze, 319 Silver and 156 Gold as well as 30 Most Considerate Site Runners-Up.
Considerate Constructors Scheme Executive Chairman Isabel Martinson said: “Congratulations to all 2017 National Site Award winners. Winning an award with the Considerate Constructors Scheme is a huge achievement, as only the top-performing sites are eligible for such an accolade.
“The successes of award-winning sites demonstrate the importance of embedding the core principles of the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice, creating a positive long-term legacy for the local community, environment and workforce.
Special congratulations to the Most Considerate Site award winners, who represent considerate construction at its very best. Each of these sites is a beacon of best practice for the industry, having clearly shown exceptional effort and commitment in pursuit of improving the image and reputation of the construction industry.”
To find out more about the 2017 National Site Awards and search the database listing all winners, click here.