The Construction Industry Council is seeking to appoint a member of one of its constituent organisations to chair its Adjudication Panel.
The appointment will be made by the Executive Board of CIC and will be for an initial three-year term.
Nominations may be made by any member organisation of CIC or by any individual. The nominee must be a member of one of the 31 organisations in Full Membership of CIC (see www.cic.org.uk for a full list or contact email@example.com).
The Adjudication Panel is one of a number of specialist committees and panels maintained by CIC. All panels are appointed by the Council and report to the Council via the Executive Board. By agreement of members all specialist panels and committees are subject to re-approval by members at the Annual General Meeting.
The current terms of reference of the Adjudication Panel are:
• Oversee the operations of the CIC as an Adjudicator Nominating Body (ANB) under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, including maintaining the Register of Adjudicators and making nominations;
• Act as the reference point within CIC for all matters relating to adjudication, and consider all issues relating to adjudication that affect CIC’s members;
• Oversee the CIC’s participation in the on-going work of ‘groups such as the Construction Umbrella Bodies Adjudication Task Group, including Government reviews of the Act and the Scheme for Construction Contracts;
• Oversee the continued publication and updating of the CIC Model Adjudication Procedure;
• Collect and publish data on adjudication;
• Provide information and guidance to Government and CIC members on issues relating to adjudication.
Nominations must include a brief CV of the nominee. Self-nominations are acceptable. Applicants may be required to attend a discussion with representatives of the Executive Board.
The Adjudication Panel meets on approximately four occasions per year - meetings are always in the afternoon and generally held at the CIC offices in Central London.
This is a voluntary position and no salary or fee will be paid.
Nominations are welcome on behalf of any individual member of a Full member of CIC, irrespective of age, gender or ethnicity.
Nominations should be made no later than 7 October 2013 and should be sent to:-
Mr Graham Watts OBE
Construction Industry Council
26 Store Street
All nominations will be treated in the strictest confidence