CITB is carrying out research to assess current industry development of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
CITB are carrying out this research to understand skills needs arising amongst contractors, sub-contractors and trades-people. As well as to determine any broader product / service / training needs arising from use of BIM
- Explore perceptions of BIM across the industry, including current / future development and likely levels of penetration in the near future
- To determine the impact of BIM on contractors and sub-contractors, particularly SME’s and specialist sub-contractors, highlighting skills needs arising
- To determine what tangible impact BIM will have on traditional occupations in construction, including new knowledge and skill requirements and modification of existing skills
- To determine where gaps arise between identified knowledge and skills needs and current / projected provision; indicating likely areas for product / service development
- To determine current penetration and effectiveness of existing BIM-related information and guidance across major business segments.
CITB want to interview BIM Experienced Employers, Federations/Associations, Industry Commentators, and Software companies. They will then follow this up with further interviews re-contacting a mixed selection of the stakeholders and run two focus group workshops targeting specific groups from the supply chain (i.e. major contractors, SMEs, specialist sub-contractors, Building Professional Services, and manufacturers/ suppliers).
Any organisations willing to part in in the research or if you would like further information please contact Alan Tanner, Research Analyst, CITB, at firstname.lastname@example.org