The Construction Industry Council is calling for nominations for its prestigious Happold Medal Lecture Award; awarded in order to acknowledge and pay tribute to the first Chairman of CIC, Professor Sir Edmund (Ted) Happold.
The Happold Medal Lectures form a biennial series of ground-breaking lectures at which an eminent figure in the industry is invited to give their thoughts on a wide array of topics, relevant to the construction industry with a focus on sustainable development.
Previous lectures are as follows:
- Paul Morrell OBE (2011) – Can we get there from here?
- Patrick Bellew (2008) – Engineering Sustainable Architecture
- Professor Sir Peter Hall (2007) – Housebuilding: A Lost English Art?
- Sir Howard Bernstein (2005) – The Regeneration of Manchester – the Rebuilding of the City.
- Tessa Tennant (2001) – Building Sustainable Britain PLC.
- Amory Lovins (2000) – Natural Capitalism, the Next Industrial Revolution.
- Sir Crispin Tickell GCMG KCVO (1998) – Building for the Future – Town and Country in Sustainable Development.