Chaired by Rt Hon. Nick Raynsford, the CIC Economic and Policy Briefings provide regular economic analyses, policy updates and comments on major commercial projects in construction industry. The briefings bring together leading policy-makers, economists and senior industry players to discuss the key topics in an informal setting.
The Briefings run six times a year, typically on Tuesdays, from 9.30am - 12.30pm with three speakers, the opportunity to ask questions and a neworking coffee break. In 2017 all sessions will be held at theInstitute Of Civil Engineers, Westminster, and the remaining 2017 dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 21 March
- Tuesday 9 May
- Tuesday 4 July
- Tuesday 10 October
- Tuesday 14 November
2017 speakers include Dr Andrew Neather on Crossrail 2,Prof. Nobel Francis of CPA, Peter Andrews from the Bank of England as well as analysts from Experian, Glenigans and Arcadis; Phil Wilbraham, BAA on the Heathrow Expansion, Bridget Rosewell OBE from National Infrastructure Committee, Chris Savage, Nuclear Industry Association on Hinkley Point and Simon Rawlinson, Arcadis on Brexit and Article 50, plus many more...
- Promote knowledge exchange between the construction and built environment community, practitioners, policy-makers and other interested parties
- Gain opportunities to deepen expertise
- Participate in discussion led critical thinking and informed debate.
- Connect and build networks with key players from government, business and academia in the built environment industry
- Learn about economic policy issues and cutting-edge research
- Hear from thought leaders and experts on important issues that will affect economic and policy direction.
- Make your voice heard among decision-makers attending the Briefing
Who should attend?
- Local Authorities (including regulators, planners, economic developers and construction and infrastructure policy makers)
- Senior Public Affairs officer & Policy Makers
- Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Built Environment and Infrastructure Practitioners
- Members of Built Environment & Construction Industry Professional Institutions
- Property and land developers
- Smart solutions providers
- Interested individuals who wish to broaden their knowledge on policy issues and research relating to the built environment and construction industry
The cost to attend all the remaining five sessions is £125.00 and can be booked here
“I particularly welcome the range of topics covered which helps me to keep in touch with aspects of the industry which I don’t necessarily hear about in other ways, whether that be major infrastructure projects, economic forecasts or policy proposals. I always find it two hours well spent.” Paul Everall, Chief Executive at LABC
“The CIC Economic and Policy Briefings is an excellent way to gain high level insight into the minds of thought leaders and monitors of the construction sector.
People ask me how I seem to know everything. It’s because I go to the CIC Economic and Policy Forum every couple of months and get it from the horse’s mouth.” Richard Saxon CBE, Chairman of JCT
“The CIC's E&P Briefings is a hidden gem - one of the most interesting events organised by CIC. It's a great combination of presentations and discussion on key issues of the day and on major projects.” Turlogh Obrien Chairman of the Institute of Housing
To see presentations from previous Economic & Policy Briefings click here.