In March 2012 CIC was tasked with creating a network of Building Information Modelling (BIM) Regional Hubs to help raise awareness and the benefits of BIM to the industry as a whole and facilitate the early adoption of BIM processes and working methods throughout the UK’s construction industry.
- Interface with the core team and the emerging legacy support organisation to raise awareness of the BIM programme and its requirements
- Act as a conduit for relevant information on the programme to ensure a consistent and contextualised message is disseminated
- Enable regional engagement in national discussions
- Encourage the sharing of BIM knowledge and best practice within the networks
- Facilitate regional collaborative activity to support the development of the supply chain’s BIM capabilities
- Provide linkage with the GCS BIM Task Group and the CIC BIM Forum
- Provide valuable feedback to the core team
To find out more about your local Hub please see the Governments BIM Task Group Website.