This briefing will feature presentations from:
- Prof Noble Francis, Economics Director, Construction Products Association
- Paul Morrell, former Chief Construction Adviser, on issues arising from the review of Industry Training Boards
- Chris Savage, Nuclear Industry Association, on Hinkley Point C
The pass to attend all four remaining briefing is £100.00 and can be booked here
Single-briefing tickets are also avaliable.
Chaired by Rt Hon. Nick Raynsford, the CIC Economic and Policy Briefings provide regular economic analyses, policy updates and comments on major commercial projects in construction industry. The briefings bring together leading policy-makers, economists and senior industry players to discuss the key topics in an informal setting.
The Briefings run six times a year, typically on Tuesdays, from 9.30am – 12.30pm with three speakers, the opportunity to ask questions and a networking coffee break. In 2017 all sessions will be held at the Institution of Civil Engineers, Westminster; the future dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 4 July – tickets avaliable here
- Tuesday 10 October – tickets available here
- Tuesday 14 November
2017 speakers include; Minister Gavin Barwell, Andrew Wolstenholme OBE, CEO of Crossrail and CLC, Lord Jim O'Neill on Northern Powerhouse, Prof. Noble Francis of CPA, Peter Andrews from the Bank of England as well as analysts from Experian, Glenigans and Arcadis; Phil Wilbraham, BAA on the Heathrow Expansion, Bridget Rosewell OBE from National Infrastructure Committee, Dr Andrew Neather on Crossrail 2, and more…
- Promote knowledge exchange between the construction and built environment community, practitioners, policy-makers and other interested parties
- Gain opportunities to deepen expertise
- Participate in discussion led critical thinking and informed debate.
- Connect and build networks with key players from government, business and academia in the built environment industry
- Learn about economic policy issues and cutting-edge research
- Hear from thought leaders and experts on important issues that will affect economic and policy direction.
- Make your voice heard among decision-makers attending the Briefing
Who should attend?
- Local Authorities (including regulators, planners, economic developers and construction and infrastructure policy makers)
- Senior Public Affairs officer & Policy Makers
- Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Built Environment and Infrastructure Practitioners
- Members of Built Environment & Construction Industry Professional Institutions
- Property and land developers
- Smart solutions providers
- Interested individuals who wish to broaden their knowledge on policy issues and research relating to the built environment and construction industry
“I particularly welcome the range of topics covered which helps me to keep in touch with aspects of the industry which I don’t necessarily hear about in other ways, whether that be major infrastructure projects, economic forecasts or policy proposals. I always find it two hours well spent.” Paul Everall, Chief Executive at LABC
“The CIC Economic and Policy Briefings is an excellent way to gain high level insight into the minds of thought leaders and monitors of the construction sector." Richard Saxon CBE, Chairman of JCT
“The CIC's E&P Briefings is a hidden gem – one of the most interesting events organised by CIC. It's a great combination of presentations and discussion on key issues of the day and on major projects.” Turlogh Obrien, Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Housing
To see presentations from previous Economic & Policy Briefings click here. With enquiries please contact Kamila Tomaszewska on email@example.com